Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Duchess



Chris and I went on a 'date' last Thursday and saw the movie called, 'The Duchess' starring Keira Knightley and Ralph Fiennes.

I had been wanting to watch it for some time now and had heard that the costuming was really good so I managed to get Chris to go with me. :)

Overall, this movie was top notch. The cinematography was really good I thought. But, the costuming definitely took the prize as did the overall screenplay. It was absolutely amazing to see the beautiful outfits they wore. They did a great job on that. The hair and makeup both were stunning as well.

I wasn't familiar with Georgiana's (the Duchess of Devonshire) story at all and I couldn't believe that someone lived through what she did. The movie was very hard to watch in some points. It made you sick to see some of what she went through and angry at the same time. It was just heart wrenching to see how Georgiana's life was led unbeknowst in her innocence. Ralph Fiennes did an excellent job of playing a horrible, terrible husband to Keira's beautiful, naive woman. Every man should see this movie to see how not to treat his wife. heh

Anyway, this is definitely a must see for anyone who likes a good, well costumed period piece. Honestly, I went to see it because Keira led the film and she is one of today's most beautiful woman imho. I know it's a good movie when Chris and I are still talking about it in the car on our way home. He really enjoyed it as well.




No comments: